Performance 14 Muesli (20 kg)
Learn more about our new Performance 14! This special muesli is the perfect nutrition for all horses and ponies that need to perform. Here are the characteristics:
- Performance 14 uses a unique combination of highly palatable slow and fast releasing energy sources to support high-performance horses. The formula meets the requirements of anaerobic respiration and therefore provides instant energy to support power and speed. The extra oils and fibers enhance stamina and prolonged performance.
- The high content of toasted soybeans is a source of high-quality proteins and essential amino acids, promoting muscle development and repair. For extra muscle support, a high vitamin E level is added to support the discharge of milk acid and make the muscles more elastic.
- Performance 14 contains banana flakes and extra electrolytes to maintain fluid balance, muscle contraction, and neural activity. It is very important to replenish minerals that are flushed out via sweat in order to achieve high-performance goals.
- The added dried garlic supports homeostasis and constant vital functions. Furthermore, garlic (rich in selenium and sulfur) supports the immune system and acts as a vital antioxidant with depurative effects on the blood.
- Performance 14 contains Gastro+ which is blended with a special cocktail of sodium bicarbonate, calcium carbonate, magnesium, and additional probiotics to support the maintenance of normal acidity in the stomach and a healthy stomach function.
With every effort, muscle cells need to be fuelled with energy. The type of energy used by the muscle cells is dependent on the intensity of the exercise and needs to be supplied by the diet.
During low-intensity exercise over a long period, the muscle cells are able to release sufficient energy via aerobic respiration, which utilizes the oxygen available in the blood. This energy is obtained mainly via slow-release energy sources such as fats and fibers.
However, when more intense exercise is required for a short period of time, the body is not able to transport enough oxygen quickly enough to the muscle cells. And so, need to make use of stored
energy sources via anaerobic respiration.